We recognize how hard our employees work to serve our clients and help our business grow. We’re looking for an experienced Payroll/ Benefits Administrator to make sure that all our staff receive on-time paychecks and understand their salaries thoroughly. We’ll rely on this individual to audit and verify all time keeping records of employees’ hours worked as well as any deductions or withholding required to comply with state and federal law. Administration of Benefits by enrolling personnel, auditing deductions and reconciliation with all platforms will be a responsibility. It will be essential for this individual to be willing to work cross-departmentally with accounting to ensure the entire business runs as smoothly as possible.
VP of People and Culture
Skill set and educational requirements
These are the core responsibilities but are not all encompassing.
- 2 plus years of payroll and benefit administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, accounting, business administration or related field
- Experience with ERP Batch accounting software a plus
- Bilingual- English/Spanish preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computerized payroll and bookkeeping systems
- Knowledge of office administration procedures
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong customer service focus, great team player and self-motivated
- The ability to work well with all levels of internal team members
- Ability to exercise strong judgement and discretion with sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong familiarity with payroll tax and health care laws
- Proven problem solving, analytical and project management skills
- Assists HR Generalist to ensure timeliness and thoroughness of payroll processing in
coordination with the business office
- Adjusts time-card entries as necessary
- Handles and calculates pay discrepancies when applicable
- Direct Deposit and W-4 data entry
- Proper processing of team members final check in compliance with federal and state laws
- Maintains updated knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, Health Care and tax laws
- Manages and responds to garnishment requests; such as child support
- Reconciles payroll deductions and liabilities and all benefit billing
- Maintains payroll and benefits email boxes.
- Responds to employee inquiries in timely manner regarding payroll and benefits information
- Resolves employee payroll and benefits concerns.
- Manages manual entries with benefits website for all vendors in the group plan.
- Processes enrollment meetings and tracks enrollments of new hires and rehires.
- Processes 6 month 401k enrollments for those newly eligible for the benefit.
- Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines by monitoring appropriate mailboxes
- Processes benefit separations in a timely manner so prompt notifications are initiated to COBRA administrator
- Reviews benefit enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment and other processing requirements with third party administrators in a timely and efficient manner.
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical and dental; 401(K), flexible spending accounts and health savings account.
- Verifies the calculation of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
- Performs bi-annual audits for all benefit platforms
- Handles annual open enrollment process from census to collection to enrollment of plans
- Ensures accuracy of benefit termination with carriers and payroll system
- Resolves administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Administration of quarterly and annual obligatory federal and state tax reporting
- Prepares necessary payroll reports to branches as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.