The IT analyst employs modeling, information engineering and cost-based accounting to develop a system that satisfies both management and end-users in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible. Upon approval, the IT analyst oversees its implementation to ensure the design is properly executed in a timely manner and stays within budget. The IT analyst also debugs the system and ensures that it is error-free.
An IT analyst must combine strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities with project management skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are crucial to reconciling needs of management,
technical personnel and end-users. An IT Analyst must also be aware of the latest technology and how best to leverage its capabilities for an organization.
Specific Technical Skills
MS SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Complex SQL Stored Procedures, SQL Notifier, MS Access Designer, MS Office Developer Suite, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, SSRS, MS Azure, Microsoft Remote Desktop Connectivity, ThinPrint, MS DOS, Windows (3.1, 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10), VB.NET, Visual Basic
Viewpoint Construction Software ERP, Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus Suite with Visio, Project, PowerBI, and SharePoint, Cosential CRM, AnterraBI, Keystyle Employee Portal, Microsoft Azure Client Portal, Global Server Excel Add-on
- As the primary Crystal Reports resource for the company, responsible for all aspects of reporting for all platforms as well as responsible for creating ad-hoc reports for all departments and needs as well as customizing existing reports. Creation of new reports will require gathering, designing, coding, testing, implementation and support of Crystal Reports. Train other report writers on the development of Crystal Reports. Microsoft SQL Server will be the back-end database for the reports. Training other team members on report usage and designing and documenting comprehensive instructions and coding standards for the company.
- Gathering, design, coding, testing, for various web-based solutions and SaaS tools used by Southern Botanical, Inc.
- Responsible for providing on-site/break fix support for all team members and branch offices. Sole front-line support for all hardware, software, printers, network infrastructure, etc.
- Oversight of the LAN and WAN. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the office building.
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel, verify functionality of hardware and software components; troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone; assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions. Provide in-house training for team members.
Job Specification of IT Analyst
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the industry, like degrees in information science, computer science or engineering.
- At least three years’ experience.
- Experience working within an information technology staff.
- Experience with financial and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.