Summary /Objective: This is a hands-on role where knowledge of accounting standards, conventions and principles is a must. Must have good mathematical and data analysis skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities continually shift.
- Conduct month end close activities to include the preparation and review of account reconciliations, journal entries and accrual schedules
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and monthly reporting package, including analysis and communication of financial statement fluctuations as it relates to prior year and forecast
- Maintain fixed asset records and depreciation schedules
- Assist in maintaining financial general ledger system, reporting systems and procedures, working to improve processes through existing software, software enhancements, and / or new software implementation. Identify and implement ways to promote efficiency within the company’s financial reporting process
- Research and respond to financial inquiries from management
- Cash management duties which include forecasting, initiating online payments to vendors and monitoring Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Maintain client service agreements
- Assist the Payroll department with 940/941 filings and annual 401k audit
- Process internal billing between branches
- Perform special projects and other incidental duties as required
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting experience.