Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance tasks such as mowing of turf; leaf and debris clean-up; and planting of shrubs, ground cover and bedding plants.
- Loads required tools, equipment and supplies needed to perform assigned daily work at Crew Leader’s direction
- Assists in appropriate vehicle unloading at the end of the workday and proper disposal of non-reusable materials
- Assists Crew Leader with on-the-job quality control and task completion
- Assists Crew Leader in accounting for all assigned maintenance equipment
- Assists Crew Leader with preventative equipment maintenance and office duties
- Follows written and/or verbal instructions from Crew Leader or Garden Manager to complete assigned tasks
- Effectively and safely operates equipment used in maintenance operations
- Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs
- Requires extended periods of walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting, up to 100% of a workday.
- External environment with all weather and terrain exposure. Examples: dust, pollen, pesticides, high and low temperatures.
- Exposed to equipment that may cause significant bodily injury.
- Personal Protection Equipment Required – gloves, work boots, safety vest, earplugs and safety glasses. Additional PPE could be required depending upon the type of work being performed.
- Company uniforms required to be worn at all times.