The Construction Project Manager must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of landscape, hardscape, and irrigation construction to include: customer service, estimating, production, training, etc. The Construction Project Manager oversees the installation of construction projects on a daily basis while interfacing with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers. The Construction Project Manager must also interface with the company Production Superintendents, Sales, and Accounting personnel.
Skill Set and Educational Requirements
The Landscape Construction Project Manager must possess the following skill set and educational background:
- Success in project managing 5+ million dollar contracts.
- Knowledge of plants, soils, and irrigation.
- Understanding of relationships and customer service.
- Understanding that you have to put your feet on jobs to make them a success.
- Minimum of five years of experience in landscape, hardscape, and irrigation construction.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in horticulture, construction science or similar.
- Able to supervise up to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to effectively supervise, advise, and train field crew members.
- Thorough understanding of job costing, financials and budgets
- Able to manage up and down the construction process ladder and well versed in all aspects.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication.
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of OSHA requirements.
- Familiar with OSIP/CSIP procedures.
- Ability to prevent issues or resolve them when they arise in a way that is satisfactory to all parties
- Continually coordinates with company superintendents as to job progress (or lack thereof).
- Oversees the production of multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Ensures that jobs are kept on schedule and on budget.
- Looks for extras and converts them into change orders when appropriate.
- Ensures all change orders are processed correctly.
- Interfaces with subcontractors to ensure timely and accurate completion of their phase of
- Interfaces with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of job materials.
- Ensures that company production standards are met.
- Evaluates equipment utilization and recommends future purchases to the Branch Manager.