The Interior Plant Care-Business Developer sells Interior Plantscapes to commercial clients. Makes personal sales calls at customer sites on a regular basis. Seeks out prospective customers/business opportunities with new and existing customers. Establishes and maintains customer relationships in order to grow profitable sales. Networks with potential clients through involvement in industry associations.
Interior Branch Manager
Skill set and educational requirements:
- Preferably 1-3 years of sales experience in interior plantscape sales.
- 2 or 4-year degree (preferably in the Green Industry).
- Regional plant and horticulture knowledge.
- Possess excellent sales and communication skills.
- Ability to network through business associations.
- Computer proficient.
- Organized in a fast paced environment.
- Able to make effective presentations to potential clients.
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Sells $500,000 to $1,000,000 of commercial projects annually.
- Attends client and professional association meetings.
- Makes the initial contact with client and takes all required measurements.
- Ensures that vendor pricing is competitive and accurate.
- Prepares all proposals/bids.
- Makes effective presentations and presents all proposals/documents to client.
- Closes sale and coordinates job specifics with accounting personnel.
- Coordinates job specifics with production personnel.
- Interfaces with client and ensures that all of client’s concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows-up on all proposals to assure that the client is being serviced and to document the outcome of the proposed solution.
Salary, Bonus, and/or Commissions
Commensurate with experience.
The primary appraisal criteria for the Interior Plantscapes Business Developer is to achieve the annual budget and business development goals of the company while maintaining a professional, ethical, and safe corporate atmosphere.