Directs production, quality control and service for assigned accounts. Expected to maintain one hundred percent renewal of all managed accounts and increase sales on existing accounts equal to 20% of contracted yearly service. Additional sales include but are not limited to landscape installation, seasonal color installation, irrigation repairs, chemical applications, aeration, rye grass installation and additional maintenance visits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Visits worksites and meets regularly with clients, keeping them updated and ensuring complete customer satisfaction and adherence to contract.
• Oversees and directs all quality concerns and address what needs improvement for accounts, coordinating with productions managers for execution.
• Responsible for communication and execution of client requests and horticulture needs for the property.
• Makes landscape appearance improvement recommendations and proposals for assigned accounts proactively and at client request.
• Reviews related account invoices (subcontractors, vendors, etc.) to ensure accuracy
• Responsible for account success for quality of service, client satisfaction and profitability goals.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture (preferred), Agronomy, or related fields of study, Agronomy or related fields with minimum of 2 years experience in landscape management operations
Valid state driver’s license.
Two years related account management experience with at least one year proven supervisory experience
Applicable Skills for Job:
• Tool Care
• Results Oriented
• Safety Minded
• Team Player
• Team Building
• Hand Tool Use
• Irrigation Practices
• Power Tool Use
• Fertilizer Practices
• Horticultural Practices
• Pesticide Practices
• Company Vehicle Use
• Maintenance Practices
Special Skills Required:
Thorough knowledge of irrigation, plants, insects and plant disease; familiarity with tools and equipment used; proficient with spreadsheet and word processing applications; ability to read and assess statistical and operational reports; good interpersonal, team building, organizational and management skills
Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs, move about the work site, turn on and operate a computer in the applicable environment, communicate efficiently and effectively on the telephone or in person, and complete required paperwork. Exposed to dust, pollen, chemicals, cold and heat in an external environment. Requires extended periods of walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting, up to 100% of a workday. Travel to the field required, more than 50% of time.
External environment with all weather and terrain exposure. Exposed to equipment that may cause cuts and significant bodily injury. Safety equipment includes gloves, work boots, company uniform, earplugs and safety glasses
Position Interacts With:
Company management, team members, clients, vendors, and subcontractors
This position promotes to Operations Manager or other applicable roles within Company