Directs logistics of the Enhancements Team as they pertain to scheduling and purchasing. Ensures jobs proceed in an effective, professional and safe manner, meeting company production requirements and financial goals. Manages the Enhancement Team’s financial tracker to determine proper allocation of resources and gauge real-time progress.
Manager, Enh. Operations
Positions reporting to this person:
Enhancements Production Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Schedule routes and purchase materials for all enhancement installations
• Plan biweekly training as part of the training committee
– Committee meets weekly for planning and after-action review
• Assists with project management of large installs that require greater construction knowledge
• Record daily revenue in the enhancements tracker
• Manage field-based personnel in accordance with the team’s progress to the goal
– Estimated resources are established prior to the start of the month
• Works directly with Garden Managers, Enhancements Sales Managers, and the Enhancements Production Manager to ensure timely completion and proper planning of projects
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Construction/Management or other industry related field of study (preferred), or Associate’s degree in the same with minimum of 1 year experience in managing landscape services or 5 years of experience in landscape services.
Valid state driver’s license.
TNLA Texas Certified Landscape Professional/Associate; PLANET Landscape Industry Certified Manager; experience in the field.
Special Skills Required:
Expert knowledge of plants; familiarity with tools and equipment used during installs, including but not limited to: tillers, skid steers, power washers, etc; Proficient with most Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Able to read and assess statistical and operational reports; Good interpersonal, team building, organizational and
management skills; Able to provide clear and concise communication and perform duties under pressure of short deadlines.
Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs, move about the work site, communicate efficiently and effectively on the telephone or in person, and complete required paperwork. Exposure to dust, pollen, chemicals, cold and heat in an external environment. Requires extended periods of walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting up to 30% of the day. Travel to the field averages 30% of the time at work.
Include external environment dealing with all weather and terrain exposure. Safety equipment includes gloves, earplugs and safety glasses.
Position interacts with:
Company management, staff, clients and vendors